A Joke In Yo Town/Wears The Late Crown

...

911. What’s your emergency?

Greetings. My name is Alibaster Abthernabther. I am a best selling author, yacht racer, hot air balloon enthusiast, and recording artist.

Yes, what’s your emergency?

Well, I don’t mean to trouble you. I’d rather just forget the whole horrible affair. However, I do believe I was just assault by two of your peace officers.

What was that?

Two policemen. I believe they were off-duty. But they behaved quite boorishly, brandishing firearms in my immediate direction.

Where are you located, sir?

I am a recording artist.

Ok, where are you right now?

We were playing horseshoes on my front lawn when out of the ether appear two plainclothes policemen. They were yelling and pointing fingers and before I knew it they were pointing their handguns at me.

Can you tell me where you are?

I am a recording artist.

Sir, I need to know where you are so I can dispatch an officer to the scene.

You’ll have to speak up. You see, I’m a recording artist

Where are you, sir?

A recording artist.

I’m not asking who you are or what you do. I’m asking you to tell me where you are. Where are you located?

Oh, I understand the question now. I’m sorry; we must have a bad connection.

That is fine. Where are you?

I am a recording artist.

Sir, you will have to ---

Recording.

What?

Artist.

Sir, please ---

Recording artist.

I'm going to have to release the call if you won't ---

If I won't record a song for you? Well, that should be simple seeing as I am ---

Sir!

--- blessed with an inherent knack for song.

I thought you were going to say you were a recording artist.

Funny you should mention that. I am a recording artist.

Popular Posts