Pop-Up the Ante

Dear DallasNews.com Webmaster,

Please allow me to introduce myself. My name is Alibaster Abthernabther. I am a best selling author, hot air balloon enthusiast, yacht racer, amateur decorative florist, and everyday reader of the online edition of The Dallas Morning News.

I find that the news and information items on your website are sometimes free of visual obstruction, the pages load eventually, and the site itself does not always lock up my system forcing me to shut down and restart my home computer. Don’t get me wrong; your site navigation is quite clunky and elementarily conceived, but not maddeningly unmanageable enough. Surely these things occur regularly, but with a random frequency that is difficult to predict.

I do not mean to single you out, as these are characteristics that your site shares with all the local television network world wide websites. But I thought I would offer you a bit of advice that might put you ahead of your televised contemporaries. I was thinking that your website could produce these myriad frustrations on a more consistent basis and multiply your ad revenue by making one minor adjustment: Enable your pop-up advertisements to generate their own pop-up advertisements.

Allow me to explain in greater detail. I key “www.dallasnews.com” into my Internet web browser’s address field. While the page is taking several minutes to load a Drivers Select ad pops up. But before I can direct my pointer to close this window, a Wingstop ad pops up on the other side of my screen. The Wingstop ad would then produce its own subsequent ad and so on and so forth. A new slew of pop-up ads should spring to the forefront each time I navigate to a new page, reload an existing page, or stay on a page for more than 45 seconds.

Not only will this technique allow you to procure more advertising money, it will also give users the nostalgic feel of browsing the Internet in 1996.

Yours,
Alibaster Abthernabther

Popular Posts